Saturday 26 January 2013

Culture and Civilazations

PROJECT 1

Project 1 is about the rising of civilization which introduce us to different civilization. This project needed us to produce a graphical timeline calendar that consists of topic related to geography, economy, politics and culture of India's ancient civilization. While for individual work, we are suppose to produce an A5 size journal of the chosen civilization.

The following are the photos of my project:
The final product of mine and my partner's work.

View front behind.

Individual front cover journal.
Introduction of chosen civilization; India

Aim and accomplishment:

The objective of this project were to introduce the Western and Eastern culture and civilization through an overview of archeological discoveries, ancient monuments, artworks, philosophy and achievement of great leaders from prehistoric to present. Besides that, it needed students to show the basic skills on enquiry, investigation, application and  presentation of relevant information to complete this project. The learning outcomes of this project were to describe the historical development of human civilization, to develop skills of data gathering and to demonstrate good documentation and presentation skills.

Reflection:

After completed this assignment, my point of view and knowledge of India was wider than before I used to exposed to it. What I was most amazed with was India's culture and how they actually live their life to improve each day to a better country.



PROJECT 2

For this project, we require to propose a play in video format from a specific civilization and ours are The Other Boleyn Girl. The event play must based on themes such as sociology, engineering, archaeology or myth and legends of the civilization. Besides that, we need to conduct a research of our character that would demonstrate our understanding for the play. In my place, I was Queen Catherine of Aragon.

Rehearsal on how to take the angle.  




Some scenes during the process of making the video.

Our poster.

Gateway to our trailer:

Reflection 
Through this assignment 'message from the past', I get to wear the costumes from the past and feel how they fell while wearing it. Besides that, while I am playing on the Western civilization and my other 
course-mate which are doing the Eastern civilization, from there I can differentiate the similarities and differences between Eastern and Western civilizations. Other than that, all the FNBE students get to learn from each other. From the above, I am able to recall the development of Eastern and Western human civilizations in the past as well as present. Rather than acting on the civilization, we are required to do some research on that particular event of the civilization for more understanding and apply and present the information through the video and individual journal. After all, I am able to demonstrate good documentation and presentation skills better than before.

[144 words]


PROJECT 3

Is also our final project! We are require to produce an A5 size graphical coffee table book based on the literature research on my theme given which is Food Culture. Based on the theme, we need to study on the place of interest that I have chosen which is Penang street food about the historical, architectural and social aspects.

Photos on my journal of this project:

 When I first step on Penang Island, this is what I saw. Pretty lightnings. 


Photos of my coffee table book:

 Dust cover design.


Front cover of my literature review report.

The final product of my coffee table book.

Both my coffee table book and literature report. 

This video is just for entertainment.:)

REFLECTION

Along this whole module, it was an eye opener for me as there are so much for me to learn about the Eastern and Western civilizations. The objective of this project are to introduce us to the Western and Eastern vulture and civilization through an overview of archeological discoveries,ancient monuments, artworks, philosophy and achievement of great leaders from prehistoric to present. Lastly,it also show us the basic skill on enquiry, investigation, application and presentation of relevant information. Now, I am able to recall the development of Eastern and Western human civilizations in the past as well as present and also demonstrate good documentation and presentation skills.

Through this project, I am able to capture every action and culture of different background around Penang island. To relate to my course I am taking, I have chosen the right space and places with meaningful cultural and social aspect. I am doing all these are just to show my reader that they should have a look at my coffee table book.
[168 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment